OIC of America
Job Title: Director of Partnerships
Supervisor: Senior Director of Operations and Strategy
Salary: $57,000 – $65,000 + Competitive Benefits Package
FSLA Status: Exempt, Full-time Regular
Location: Philadelphia, PA
OIC of America (OICA) is a nonprofit organization, and the national office of a network of 34 workforce development organizations spread across the United States. Our mission is to provide underserved communities with the tools and support needed to overcome barriers to economic opportunity. We envision a world in which all people are contributing members of their families and communities. Through their efforts and ours, our participants can break the cycle of poverty, and aid in creating a more just and equitable society. OICA provides job and life skills training and matches our graduates with the employment needs of local businesses. Our organization and broader network have trained over 2 million people nationwide over the past 50+ years.
OICA is seeking a Director of Partnerships to build strategic relationships with key stakeholders that can support the SOAR Reentry Program. The SOAR program equips individuals with academic and vocational skills and provides access to opportunities to help them accomplish personal achievement and embrace a spirit of responsibility. The duties of the Director of Partnerships include working closely with OIC affiliates across multiple cities to help connect them with key stakeholders and resources that are available in their local business, workforce and reentry ecosystems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute a partnership plan aligned with the OICA strategic plan to help the SOAR program meet outcomes.
- Conduct research on the local business, nonprofit, workforce, and reentry ecosystem and identify key stakeholders in each city where SOAR is operating.
- Outline tactical steps, engage key partners, and vet the organization to determine strategies to develop the relationships.
- Connect sub-grantee with potential partners and guide the relationship building process.
- Conduct periodic check-ins to verify the relationship is being nurtured and cultivated by the sub-grantee.
- Build relationship with national employers, and other national stakeholders to help sub-grantees find employment opportunities for program participants.
- Devise strategies to cultivate relationships with local and national partners (service providers, employers, corporations, foundations, philanthropic entities, etc.) to sustain the SOAR program beyond the life of the grant.
- Prepare and send success stories and outcome data to strengthen relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance and coaching on best practices in community engagement and relationship building to equip sub-grantees with the skills to build key relationships.
- Institutionalize community engagement by developing a large portfolio of key partners (local and national) categorized and organized by type and develop a playbook of how to engage each category.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Operations and Strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/ Public Administration, Communications, Criminology, or any related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred (MBA, MPA, MPP, MSW, or MA/MS in related field).
- 5 or more years’ experience building strategic relationships.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds from individuals returning from incarceration to public officials.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database usage.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and experience working with ex-offenders is a plus.
- Possess working relationship with key stakeholders that are of interest to OICA.
- Able to articulate and/or demonstrate a good track record of building strategic relationships.
- Ability to travel within the metropolitan area and nationally if required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
OICA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please send resume, cover letter and the names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.